INTERVIEW WITH: Jane McCartney – jewelry designer and owner of Jane McCartney Jewelry
- Where do you live?
- How long have you lived in South Florida, where are you from originally and where did you live before?
I have lived in Delray for 4.5 yrs. I’m originally from Weirton, WV but I have also lived in Philadelphia and Los Angeles.
- What do you like the most about living here?
The warm weather, the clean beaches and warm water, the small town feel of Delray Beach, and the lively arts scene.
- Tell me about your business: Why do clients seek your products, what is your specialty and who is your typical client?
I create mostly one-of-a-kind and limited edition women’s fashion jewelry using unusual combinations of materials. Often times I incorporate vintage items from my “treasure troves”. I do custom designs for my clients and I also redesign and update their personal jewelry and family heirlooms. My typical customer is a fashion savvy woman from their mid twenties up to their grandmothers – anyone who wants a unique look that will make them stand out in a crowd and make a fashion statement.
- What’s the most rewarding thing about what you do?
Besides the creative process, seeing happy customers and hearing positive feedback on my designs.
- What’s your favorite thing about Delray Beach?
The many arts & crafts festivals and museums, the lively music scene, the many restaurants offering outdoor dining, and the low key, yet fun, feeling that Delray Beach offers its residents and visitors.
- How would you describe your personal style?
Relaxed, casual, with a touch of Bohemia. I like to add some of my personal treasures collected during my travels into my daily wardrobe staples to spice up my look.
Thank you, Jane!
Olga’s favorite is this beautiful Buddha necklace: https://www.janemccartneyjewelry.com/product-page/copy-of-quartz-crystal-blown-glass-necklace-with-sterling-silver-snowflake-clasp
Jane can also be found on IG @jane_mccartneyjewelry
Photography by Debra Somerville @debrasomerville